From aljesco <alje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient & Cookie2
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:00:37 GMT
2011/3/26 Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>:
> On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 16:30 +0200, aljesco wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any way to get rid of "Cookie2: $Version=1" parameter in
>> request executing?
>>
>> e.g., when I'm running next code,
>>
>> CookieStore cookieStore = new BasicCookieStore();
>> HttpContext localContext = new BasicHttpContext();
>> localContext.setAttribute(ClientContext.COOKIE_STORE, cookieStore);
>>
>> HttpGet httpget = new HttpGet("http://www.google.com/");
>> HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(httpget, localContext);
>> HttpEntity entity = response.getEntity();
>>
>> EntityUtils.consume(entity);
>> httpclient.execute(httpget, localContext);
>>
>> at first responce server sets only
>> Set-Cookie:xxxxxxxx
>> but httpClient sends both headers, cookie and cookie2:
>> Cookie: xxxxxxxx
>> Cookie2: $Version=1
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> 'Cookie2: $Version=1' header merely signals to the server that the
> client supports RFC 2965 specification and can accept Set-Cookie2
> headers.
>
> Why do you want to get rid of this header?
>
> Oleg

I just don't want the client to signal that it supports cookie v2 :)

As I remember, in HttpClient v3 existed way to specify 'old' cookie policy:
httpclient.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.RFC_2109);
or
httpclient.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.BROWSER_COMPATIBILITY);

In HttpClient 4, there's no method setCookiePolicy in HttpParams..
So, can I do the same thing with new HttpClient?

Thank you for help, Oleg