From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Slowness of 4.1
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 09:38:08 GMT
Hi All,

I downloaded httpclient 4.1 and noticed it is significantly slower than 3.1. I
even used the threadsafe connection manager hoping for better performance. I
used to get below 3msec and now it is above 150msec.
Is keepalive used by default? If not where can I find an example that sets it
using either a scheme, connection manager httpclient instance or the httpget
object?

What kind of response time should I expect hitting a servlet with no code in the
method on a 2.8Ghz 6 core AMD server?

Any ideas on what it might be? I used code sample from the site and it works
just very slow.

Thanks,
-Tony