From Stefan Mietke <st.mie...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: multipart/form-data encoding problem
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 06:26:51 GMT
Hi List,

it's probably an issue on the server side so it has nothing to do with
the apache library itself.

The specific server program (cgi) I'm calling didn't expected any
additional header information after the boundary. So if I didn't set the
Charset manually this field is omitted and the cgi isn't complaining. Of
course the charset is "US-ASCII" used and my characters (umlauts) are
converted into "?".

But this seems to be an open issue for the library:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3393445/international-characters-in-filename-in-mutipart-formdata

"Another thing to note is that if you use HttpMultipartMode.STRICT on
the multipart entity, the library will actually substitute non-ASCII for
question mark (?) in the filename."

I'm using the browser compatible mode now set the UTF-8 manually. The
cgi program was updated.

Greetings,
Stefan