From Monica_G <mgranb...@gmail.com>
Subject logging httpclient.wire.content and SSL
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:01:32 GMT

Hi,

Is there a way to suppress logging of httpclient.wire.content for SSL
connections?  The data being sent is sensitive information and I do not want
it to show up in log files.  I realize I can configure my log4j.properties
file to suppress logging this category, or log at INFO level or above.
However, if someone accidentally changes or replaces the log4j.properties
file then the sensitive data could be logged.

Is there any other way to stop the httpclient.wire.content from being
logged, or to at least have it log the encrypted format of the data?

I am using HTTPClient version 3.0.1.  I checked to see if a newer version
would do what I asked above, but couldn't find it either.

Thank you

Monica