From "Vadheraju, Rajeshwar" <Rajeshwar.Vadher...@fisglobal.com>
Subject RE: Stale Connection Check
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:30:32 GMT
Oleg, Could you please respond to my questions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadheraju, Rajeshwar [mailto:Rajeshwar.Vadheraju@fisglobal.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 9:59 PM
To: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
Subject: Stale Connection Check

We are using httpclient 3.1 and I was reading httpclient documentation
which mentions that the "stale connection check is not 100% guaranteed".
I would like to get clarification on why it is not 100% reliable or
guaranteed. What situations/scenarios make that stale check
less-guaranteed?

I am seeing below 3 errors in my logs.

1)      Server failed to respond - NoHttpResponseException

2)      Conneciton Reset

3)      Broken Pipe

For #1, I read the literature on web and found that "retry" is an
option. But by looking at http client code, the "retry" is not just
retying to get valid http connection, but retrying entire request(means
entire request is re-sent) which could cause server to receive duplicate
same requests, not desirable. And we are not running out of any worker
threads or other resources.

I started reading about IdleConnectionManager and the thread, not sure
how do we implement it? And what are the benefits of removing idle
connections from pool in the context of keep-alive persistent
connection.

-R

_____________

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete
the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the
message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In
addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is
subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended
recipient. Thank you.

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.