From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle Range header in Http Core
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:18:10 GMT
On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 15:42 +0800, LongkerDandy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm developing a UPnP/DLNA media server, and using Http Core for file
> transfer.
> Client may ask for part of the file, using IF Range and Range Http headers.
> Is there a easy way to deal with that?

LongkerDandy

HttpCore does not support byte ranges / partial entities out of the box.

> Or I have to write my own FileEntity?

Most likely you will need to write a custom protocol interceptor in
order to add range headers and a custom FileEntity capable of writing
out it content partially given a particular byte range.

Hope this helps

Oleg