From John Kiffmeyer <jkiff...@lexmark.com>
Subject Forcing a chunk boundary
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:16:36 GMT
Hi all,
I'm working with an application that requires requests to be chunked a
certain way.  More or less, the body contains an application request and
some data associated with it.  If chunked normally, the first chunk
contains the application request and the beginning of the data.  If the
first chunk is this large, however, the server refuses to parse the
application request.  I want to force a chunk boundary at the end of the
application request/beginning of the data.

I (understandably) don't see a way to do this in the api.  Is it feasible
to accomplish this by subclassing some stuff?  I've traced through
httpclient and httpcore code but it's not obvious to me yet what I need to
extend/override (EntitySerializer looks promising, but I'm not clear on
where I need to shoehorn a subclass of that into the path after
HttpClient.execute()).  So, I'm looking for some wisdom.

Thanks!
jk