From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SocketException in HttpClient GET
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:56:02 GMT
On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 11:00 +0000, Mahesh Mattepu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to solve a very simple problem for *HttpClient4* -- SocketException for
HTTP GET. HttpClient4 gets the first "chunk" of data from server (Tomcat-6.0.18) and then
the server unexpectedly closes the connection.

> We tried the following HttpClient4 versions to fix this but it did not work!
> - 4.1-beta1
> - 4.1-alpha2
> - 4.1-alpha1
> - 4.0.3
> - 4.0.2
> - 4.0.1
> The same piece of code works with HttpClient3.
>
> Do you know if HTTP GET has any known bugs for HttpClient4? We could not find any on
the internet.

There are no known bugs of that kind. If there was any issue with the
GET request the server should have responded with an error status code
such as 400 instead of just dropping connection. So, to me this problem
sounds like a server side issue.

Oleg