From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with URIs
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:24:16 GMT
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 09:36 +0100, Ismael Marín Carrión wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Caused by: org.apache.commons.httpclient.NoHttpResponseException: The
> server localhost failed to respond
> at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(Unknown
> Source)
> at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.http.HttpClientFactory.createConnection(HttpClientFactory.java:182)
> ... 13 more
>
> The version of httpclient is 3.0.1, and I am not using any
> authentication mechanism.

Ismael

Commons VFS uses on a 6 year old release of HttpClient. The 3.x series
of HttpClient is at end of life and has not been properly maintained for
several years. I seriously doubt anyone would be willing to look into
this problem for you.

Please consider using HttpClient 4.1 directly (without VFS) or try to
convince VFS maintainers to upgrade.

Oleg