From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Problem with Proxy Basic Authentication
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 13:39:01 GMT
On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 05:19 -0800, Pifagor wrote:

> olegk wrote:
> >

> > it turns out that the ProxySelectorRoutePlanner did not pick up proxy
> > settings correctly.
> >
> > Oleg
> >

> It correctly picks host and port but not username and password. Also JRE
> does not provide http.proxyUser or http.proxyPassword, even if you provide
> those while loading applet. There might be other ways to retrieve that
> information from Java, but I don't know one.

Per default Httpclient does not use system properties to obtain
configuration settings. You need to extract user credentials using
whatever mechanism you are comfortable with (be it system properties,
configuration file or a UI dialog) and stick them into the
CredentialsProvider used by HttpClient.

Hope this helps.

Oleg