From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Resolving bad formatted hrefs.
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:06:59 GMT
On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 19:31 +0100, Karl Wettin wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2011, at 5:25 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 16:02 +0100, Karl Wettin wrote:
> >> I've implemented a piece of code that resolved bad formatted URIs (as in hrefs,
etc) and what not similar to the way browsers does it. It doesn't really belong in hc but
it's the best project fit I can find and since I find it very useful I thought that perhaps
so would you. The code is blessed with ASL2.

> >> https://github.com/karlwettin/kodapan-common/blob/master/src/main/java/se/kodapan/net/URIUtil.java
> >
> > You are welcome to incorporate bits of your code that you consider
> > generic and contribute a patch against HttpClient trunk.
>
> Would you say it belongs in URIUtils or somewhere else?
>

> 	karl

Karl

I'd say that generic code should go to URIUtils. Browser compatibility
stuff might be put into a separate class. I leave it up to you to
decide.

Cheers

Oleg