From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing connection manager params
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:42:57 GMT
On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 09:57 +0100, Stevo Slavić wrote:
> Besides 4.1-beta2-snapshot [1], I don't see 4.1 (GA) at maven central
> [2]. Switched to that snapshot.

The release vote is ongoing. I expect it to be closed tomorrow.

> Found means to change configuration - most I couldn't initially find
> moved from http connection manager (in 3.1) to httpclient (in 4.0),
> and then in 4.1 some *PNames values got deprecated and configuration
> moved to implementations like ThreadSafeClientConnManager so can not
> code to interfaces but to implementation on some places.

Those methods are not part of the connection manager interface because
they are implementation specific. Not all connection managers maintain a
pool of connections.

> Some API changes between 3.1 and 4.x I'm not sure if they are equivalent:
>
> - HttpRequestBase seems to be new HttpMethodBase, but couldn't find
> replacement for setFollowRedirects - maybe setting
> ClientPNames.MAX_REDIRECTS parameter to 0 is equivavalent

See ClientPNames#HANDLE_REDIRECTS

> - old HttpMethodBase.getResponseCharSet/getRequestCharSet it seems to
> be replaced by EntityUtils.getContentCharSet(response.getEntity())

Correct.

> - not sure what replaces PostMethod.addParameter(paramName, paramValue)

UrlEncodedFormEntity.

> - getStatusCode and getStatusText present in HttpMethodBase seem to be
> removed in favour of just keeping getStatusLine in HttpResponse

Correct.

Oleg