From Douglas Ferguson <doug...@douglasferguson.us>
Subject HttpClient 3.1 & Too Many Open Files
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:10:54 GMT
Our app has been getting too many open files exceptions and after looking into this it seems
that httpclient is the culprit.

Sockets are being left in the CLOSE_WAIT state.

What is the best work around for this? I've seen some things online about closing idle connections?
What impact would this have on performance?

I've looked into upgrading to 4.x but that seems like it could be wrought with unexpected
bugs. i.e. the api is so drastically different that we could introduce regressions..
Is there a guide anywhere that details migration from using of GetMethod => HttpClient
4.x?

Douglas