From 世涛 <stone.zhan...@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject HttpClient4.0.3 performance problem, much slower than HttpClient3.1?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 08:33:41 GMT
Hi all:

I'm considering to update HttpClient3.1 to HttpClient4.0.3 in my new project, and I must be
sure that system speed will not be slower.
So I did some tests, but I found that Httpclient4's performance is not as good as HttpClient3.1.

In my test, I use two Linux servers(A and B, both 8-core CPU, 1.5G memory) in the same LAN.
There is Apache2.2 installed on Server-B, and Server-B acts as a static web server.
And Server-A runs test programs based on HttpClient, the test is to finish 1000 requests to
Server-B sequentially.

Surprisingly, the time that HttpClient4.0.3 used is almost twice as HttpClient3.1.

My test-code is very simple, just the basic classes and methods.

Anybody has ever done the similar test before? Is the result normal or I did some thing wrong?
3x!

------
Best regards,
stone

This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you
received this email in error, please delete it immediately and do not copy it or use it for
any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

本电邮(包括任何附件)可能含有机密资料并受法律保护。如您不是正确的收件人,请您立即删除本邮件。请不要将本电邮进行复制并用作任何其他用途、或透露本邮件之内容。谢谢。