From Sebastiano Vigna <vi...@dsi.unimi.it>
Subject Trouble with eof-of-file sensing
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 21:00:25 GMT
I'm getting literally crazy trying to figure out if and when HttpClient has closed the connection
stream automatically.

The behaviour existed in 3.1 (AutoCloseInputStream), and I found indications that HttpClient
4 had solved the problem... well, no. Now it's called EofSensorWatcher, but the problem is
the same: you perform a read() and instead of -1 you get an exception.

My question is: how can I know whether the InputStream content of an Entity returned by a
response has been closed automatically? I'm getting spurious IOExceptions everywhere. Unfortunately,
nobody seems to have the problem--I couldn't find any relevant information by Googling around.

Any help appreciated.

Ciao,

				seba