From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NTLM Support in HttpClient 3 and 4
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 20:23:25 GMT
On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 17:44 -0700, Himanshu Ranavat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I notice that HttpClient 3 only supports NTLMv1 (and not v2) and does not contain an
interface NTLMEngine as in HttpClient 4. But HttpClient 4 continues to contain classes like
NTCredentials, NTScheme, etc. Does this mean HttpClient 4 supports NTLMv1 but for NTLMv2 support
we need to plug in an external NTLM implementation like JCIFS.

> Thanks
>
> Himanshu

JCIFS is also required for NTLMv1 for version 4.0 to 4.1-alpha2 of
HttpClient. As of next version (4.1-beta1) HttpClient will ship with an
internal NTLMEngine implementation. Both NTLMv1 and NTLMv2 will be
supported out of the box.

Oleg