From Andre Brito <andrebritofons...@gmail.com>
Subject Trouble with post in HttpClient 4.0.3
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:57:37 GMT

Hey guys.
We have 2 peace of software that imports a few data from sites. I was using
HttpClient 3.1 and it was great! But then, one of the sites started to
complain (maybe because of our access, I don't know) and was throwing
exceptions about the certificate.

So I decided to change from 3.1 to 4.0.3. Ok, I can do the GET methods, but
I can't build the POST. I'm getting a 417 HttpStatus code (expectation
failed). In HttpClient 3.1, I was building the POST like this:

PostMethod method = new
PostMethod("http://www.receita.fazenda.gov.br/PessoaJuridica/CNPJ/cnpjreva/valida.asp");

method.addParameter("origem", "comprovante");
method.addParameter("cnpj", cnpj);
method.addParameter("idLetra", captcha);
method.addParameter("idSom", "");
method.addParameter("submit1", "Consultar");
method.addParameter("search_type", "cnpj");
method.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER, new
DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(3, false));

In HttpClient I'm doing like this:

HttpPost post = new HttpPost(url);

List<NameValuePair> parameters = new ArrayList<NameValuePair>();
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("origem", "comprovante"));
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("cnpj", cnpj));
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("idLetra", captcha));
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("idSom", ""));
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("submit1", "Consultar"));
parameters.add(new BasicNameValuePair("search_type", "cnpj"));

post.setEntity(new UrlEncodedFormEntity(parameters, "UTF-8"));

Is that correct? If that so, I can't find a reason why in 3.1 is working and
in 4.0.3 is not.

Can anyone give me a direction?