From asolodin <asolo...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Connection timeout per host?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:00:10 GMT

olegk wrote:

> Andrei,
>
> Socket timeout can be set either on the HTTP agent or the HTTP request
> level.
>
> You can set a different socket timeout value on each HTTP request
> depending on kind of a target host it is going to be executed against.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Oleg

Oleg, thank you for your reply. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I
was talking about the http.connection.timeout property, which according to
the documentation can be specified through: global -> client -> connection
manager -> connection. I don't see a way to specify a connection timeout on
the method, other than through a name/value. But then I don't see where in
the code the connection would be using the value passed in the method.
Regarding the SO_TIMEOUT, I do see how the value in method overrides the one
in the connection, this is in HttpMethodDirector.applyConnectionParams. I am
looking for similar logic for http.connection.timeout property.

Thank you.