From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there any simple Asynchronous Http Client can use?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:36:46 GMT
On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 17:00 +0800, Micky Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want an asynchronous http client, and I found the svn repository: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient/
>
> I want a notify when the request has response with a callback function, but the AsyncHttpClient
only has the API to do "awaitResponse ()" method to wait and block until there is response.

> I think the using of it may not be called an asynchronous http client.
>
> The test case in example org.apache.http.examples.nio.client. AsyncClientRequest is

> Any suggestion is welcome, thanks in advance.
>

> Sincerely,
> Micky

Hi Micky

The async version of Apache HttpClient based on NIO is still in a very
early (pre-ALPHA) stage of development. Lots essential bits are still
missing including a callback mechanism for completed HTTP exchanges.

Please note there is nothing that prevents you from adding asynchronous
callbacks to the stock version of Apache HttpClient 4.x with a fairly
modest amount of custom code.

If you are absolutely sure you want a NIO based HTTP client, there is at
least a few available. I can recommend Jetty HTTP client.

Hope this helps

Oleg