From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie - need help with basic authentication
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:33:30 GMT
On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 09:48 -0500, Cody Burleson wrote:
> Team,
>
> I am brand new to HttpClient and I am trying to authenticate with a site
> through Basic HTTP Authentication. I am having no luck and am finding it
> difficult to refer to the code examples because they seem to be primarily
> for former versions of the library (I am using version 4.0.3.)
>
> Could somebody throw a newbie a bone and take a quick gander at this code?
> What am I doing wrong?

I suspect the AuthScope is defined wrong. Please turn on the wire /
context logging to see why the authentication process fails

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/logging.html

Please also note it is generally recommended to re-use the same instance
of HttpClient when executing consecutive requests.

Oleg