From Sujit Basu <sujit_b...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Need advice on using an appropriate starting point
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:17:09 GMT

Hi,
I'm developing a HTTP Client application with some key requirements, which are as following
(I'm also putting some inline notes/questions):
1. HTTPS with mutual SSL Authentication using certificates.Note: I have used Commons HttpClient
v4.0.1 successfully in the recent past to do this type of SSL Certificate Authentication.
2. Use a single persistent HTTPS connectionQ: Using a connection manager with max connection=1
is better than using a no explicit connection manager?
3. The client needs to poll the connection to check for new responses. The server will be
using a COMET type message exchange, where it can push message to the client, without receiving
an explicit request from the client.Q: Is HttpCore NIO is a good starting point to build this
functionality? Q: Is there a way for HttpClient to poll the connection for new responses?
Any suggestion/advice for a good starting point HttpClient/HttpCore? and even Sample code
(particularly for HttpCore NIO, if suggested) will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
- Sujit