From MitchK <mitc...@web.de>
Subject Invalid URL causes no Exception - instance keeps still
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:16:32 GMT

Hello list,

I noticed that when I do something like:

			System.out.println("execute Request "+method.getURI());
			int statuscode = this.httpClient.executeMethod(method);
			System.out.println("statuscode: "+statuscode);

The line "statuscode" is never printed, if the method was created with an
invalid URL.

In my test case, I tried something like that:

PostMethod method = new PostMethod("path");

Yes, I really mean "path" - this is my invalid url.

How should I notice that there went something wrong, when no Exception is
thrown?

Thank you!

- Mitch