From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: Invalid URL causes no Exception - instance keeps still
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:05:35 GMT
> I noticed that when I do something like:
>

> 			System.out.println("execute Request "+method.getURI());
> 			int statuscode = this.httpClient.executeMethod(method);
> 			System.out.println("statuscode: "+statuscode);
>
> The line "statuscode" is never printed, if the method was created
> with an
> invalid URL.
>
> In my test case, I tried something like that:
>
> PostMethod method = new PostMethod("path");
>
> Yes, I really mean "path" - this is my invalid url.
>
> How should I notice that there went something wrong, when no
> Exception is
> thrown?

No idea why you're seeing this behavior - in my experience, HttpClient
either throws an exception or returns a valid status code.

Though I've never had this happen with HttpClient, some 3rd party jars
can trigger Errors instead of Exceptions, so make sure you've got a
catch(Throwable t) in place.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378