From Pete Keyes <PKe...@starbucks.com>
Subject RE: Basic Authentification on httpclient 4.0.1
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:24:42 GMT
I'll try to help a bit...we use 3.1, but the high level answer here will likely be the same.
 Everyone else that answers will want a wire log - this will give the for-sure answer as to
why your code isn't sending the Basic Auth.

The most likely reason is that the "realm" you've associated the credentials with isn't actually
correct - you have used "www.example.com, 80" below.  I know that is just a filler and that
your real code isn't using that realm.

For an easy test change from a specific realm to the ANY_REALM and try your code.  If it works
then it is 100% because the realm you've provided isn't the correct value.

...Pete