From Christian Blechert <blech...@ta-hameln.de>
Subject Re: Basic Authentification on httpclient 4.0.1
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 12:33:45 GMT
  Thank you. It works. :-)

> I'll try to help a bit...we use 3.1, but the high level answer here will likely be the
same.  Everyone else that answers will want a wire log - this will give the for-sure answer
as to why your code isn't sending the Basic Auth.

> The most likely reason is that the "realm" you've associated the credentials with isn't
actually correct - you have used "www.example.com, 80" below.  I know that is just a filler
and that your real code isn't using that realm.

> For an easy test change from a specific realm to the ANY_REALM and try your code.  If
it works then it is 100% because the realm you've provided isn't the correct value.