From Josh Gordineer <joshg...@gmail.com>
Subject Redirect on POST with a custom redirect handler?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:14:21 GMT
I'm looking for a way to handle a redirect on POST, obviously HttpClient
doesn't handle them automatically.

"HttpClient handles all types of redirects automatically, except those
explicitly prohibited by the HTTP specification as requiring user
intervention. See Other (status code 303) redirects on POST and PUT requests
are converted to GET requests as required by the HTTP specification."

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/tutorial/html/httpagent.html#d4e1199

The above states that the requests are automatically converted to GETs.  I
was wondering if that logic to convert the requests to GETs exists in a
place where I can customize such as a custom RedirectHandler or is the best
approach to turn off automatic redirects and write custom logic to handle
each redirect response?

Thanks in advance..

--Josh