From arpita k <arpita...@gmail.com>
Subject How to upgrade httpclient 3.0 to httpclient 4.0?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:04:42 GMT
Hi,

I am using common-httpclient 3.0 and common-ssl 0.3.11 library to establish
SSL communication between client and the server.Here is the code:

*AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory myAuthFactory = null;
        try
        {
            myAuthFactory = new AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory(new URL("file:"
                    + KEYSTORE_LOCATION), KEYSTORE_PASSWORD, new URL("file:"
                    + TRUSTSTORE_LOCATION), TRUSTSTORE_PASSWORD);

            Protocol myhttps = new Protocol("https", myAuthFactory,
serverPort);
            Protocol.registerProtocol("https", myhttps);
            signClient.getHostConfiguration().setHost(serverName,
serverPort,
                    myhttps);
            signClient.getParams().setCookiePolicy(CookiePolicy.RFC_2109);

*
The AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory  is part of common-ssl library.
Now I need to upgrade the httpclient from 3.0 to 4.0.But I want to use the
AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory  factory as it is doin gCRL check
automatically.

I know that the schem is replaced by the Protocol of httpclient 4.0.But I
don't think it could take AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory   as a parameter.So,
which way I should proceed?

Please help me to upgrade the httpclient.

Thanks in advance!!

Arpita