From "Brooks, Kenneth S" <kenneth.s.bro...@chase.com>
Subject RE: Performance
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:13:03 GMT
I agree with you after looking at the logs.. I would see some responses come back almost instantaneously..
That tells me that its not strictly the protocol overhead.. if it was we would *always* see
that overhead..

I think I've found a good balance..
Was able to get the overall response times down to with +/- 5% of the t3 response times.
Did optimizations in our code, also using httpclient 4.1 with most of the interceptors removed
from the request/response interceptor stack (since I'm not using auth, etc..).

For small data packets it is taking longer than t3.
For large data packets it is faster than t3.

I was running about 30% slower than t3 but the last little thing that got me over the hump
was that I had left the context Debug logging on.
That little bit of logging was enough to drive the CPU usage up by over 10% and also slow
the overall run down.

I'm going to button up the implementation and turn it over to the performance team for the
big run.. keeping my fingers crossed..

Thanks a bunch for you help.. really was useful as I started digging into the bowels of httpclient
and httpcore.. At least I understand the internals a little better now.

-k

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
 If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,