From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redirect on POST with a custom redirect handler?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:45:05 GMT
On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 10:27 -0700, Josh Gordineer wrote:
> Thanks Sam.  We don't control the target server so looks like I'll be doing
> manual redirect following.
>
> --Josh

Josh,

If you do not mind using alpha versions, HttpClient 4.1 comes with a new
RedirectStrategy interface that can be used instead of the
RedirectHandler. Both RedirectStrategy / RedirectHandler can be used to
override protocol restrictions on the automatic redirect handling, but
RedirectStrategy also allows for redirects without conversion to GET
(POSTs/PUTs can be redirected as POSTs/PUTs)

Oleg