From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: Load balancing
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:32:38 GMT

On Jun 17, 2010, at 1:28pm, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> We have multiple data center and we load balance our clients accross 2
> data centers. Basically virtual ip could return different IP on every
> DNS lookup. But the problem is that when we run test it gets
> connection to one site and then it sticks to that site. I think it may
> be because of connection pooling.

If you have a load balancer, most are configured for "sticky sessions"
based on the IP address of the incoming request.

That way if you're in the middle of upgrading data/code on the load
balanced servers, for example, the user doesn't get inconsistent
results.

-- Ken

> How do I turn off the connection pooling such that it gets the
> connection everytime. We have tried "releaseConnection" and
> closeIdleconnections but nothing seem to work.
>
> Are there any other suggestions?

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://bixolabs.com