From "Brooks, Kenneth S" <kenneth.s.bro...@chase.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection already openn
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:05:55 GMT
Will do.. thank you so much for putting the effort into this.

-k

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 1:50 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: RE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Connection already openn

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 09:49 -0400, Brooks, Kenneth S wrote:
> Excellent.
>

> I just read the jira..
>
> Since I'm on 4.0.x, when you say "For 4.0.x the problem can be worked around by retaining
the pool lock for the entire span of the #closeIdleConnection."
> Is that something that I can do in my code, or will it require me to patch 4.0.x?
> Bear with me as I don't have the code open in front of me.

Hi Ken

I just committed the work-around to the 4.0.x branch. You can check it
out, try out with your application, and let me know if that fixed the
issue for you:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/branches/4.0.x/

Cheers

Oleg

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
 If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,