From Misha Koshelev <misha...@gmail.com>
Subject org.apache.http.impl.cookie.BasicClientCookie not serializable???
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:20:34 GMT
Dear All:

I am quite confused... I am reading here and BasicClientCookie _clearly_
implements Serializable per JavaDoc:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/cookie/BasicClientCookie.html

However, my simple Groovy script:

    #!/usr/bin/env groovy
    @Grapes(
        @Grab(group='org.apache.httpcomponents', module='httpclient',
version='4.0.1')
    )
    import org.apache.http.impl.cookie.BasicClientCookie
    import java.io.File

    def cookie=new BasicClientCookie("name","value")
    println cookie instanceof Serializable
    def f=new File("/tmp/test")
    f.withObjectOutputStream() { oos->
        oos.writeObject(cookie)
    }

outputs:

    false
    Caught: java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.http.impl.cookie.BasicClientCookie
    	    at t$_run_closure1.doCall(t.groovy:12)
	    at t.run(t.groovy:11)

I have checked and I have no other versions of HttpClient anywhere in
classpath (if I take Grapes statement out it cannot find file).

Thank you!
Misha Koshelev