From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build a HttpURLConnection from an HTTPClient class
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 21:12:45 GMT
On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 16:49 -0400, Ryan Matt wrote:
> I'm looking to create a HttpURLConnection bound to a local socket, but since I can't
reach the SocketFactory, I'm not able to supply my own sockets.  Is there a way to build a
HttpURLConnection starting from a HTTPConnection or other class that I've already built and
configured?  If I were to build my own classes to use the HTTPConnection configurations for
an HttpURLConnection, which are the important things I need to work on?

> I can't just use an HTTPConnection, which is unfortunate, since I need to use someone
else's library.  I've dug around the apis for the best part of the afternoon.  In the 3.x
codebase, it looks like I can build a HTTPMethod, but I'm not sure how to use that implementation
and turn it into a HttpURLConnection.  Any pointers?

> Thanks, Ryan

Ryan

HttpCore should have all the necessary building blocks

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-4.0.1/tutorial/html/
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-4.0.1/download.html

Hope this helps

Oleg