From Luke Coe <luke....@mnetgroup.com>
Subject httpclient 4, ssl and client side certificates
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 03:54:08 GMT
Hi All,

I am having trouble working out how I can get get HttpClient 4 to use
SSL in the way I need.

I have X HTTPS servers that I send requests to. One requires a client
side certificate while the others have trusted certificates and
therefore require no client side certificate. I have no issue connecting
to the server requiring the client side certificate (its in my
keystore), however every time I try to connect to the servers with
trusted certificates, my client side certificate is offered by
HttpClient and therefore fails authentication.

My question is this: is there a way for HttpClient to offer the client
side certificate only to the server requiring it and not to the others?

Thanks in advance,
Luke