From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: stale connection
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 21:13:03 GMT
On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 16:33 -0400, Brooks, Kenneth S wrote:
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> In the case of the StaleChecking, we also have an IdleConnectionMonitorThread that will
evict connections that are over 20,000ms.
> We can do this in our environment with relative confidence because we control all the
servers and those servers are set to close connections at 30,000ms.
> That should help to limit the number of 'Connection Resets' we have.
>

> So I guess it comes down to: if I wanted to remove my stalechecking and solely rely on
retry handler, what exception would I expect to see if the connection was stale?
> That way I can account for that in the retry handler.

Beat me with a stick, but I just cant say for sure. I think it can be
just a plain IOException, which basically means there is no way of
telling I/O errors caused by a stale connection from I/O errors caused
by connectivity issues.

Oleg