From Ernst Nolte <er...@synquad.nl>
Subject Re: responding to form login fields
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 13:24:30 GMT
Hi Jim

One thing you can try is logging in with a purposefully incorrect
username/password combo an check your response. This should give you
the login page but with an error message:
UserName and/or Password you entered are incorrect. Please update them
below.

If this is not the case, then the post is not handled correctly. I
suspect that the javascript that actually submits the form does
something with all those hidden fields before submission - otherwise
they are quite meaningless.

You could also try some browser plugin like liver http headers or
firebug (both for firefox) to see what is posted or you can
investigate the javascript that actually does the submit to see what
it does to all the hidden form fields.

Met Vriendelijke groet/Kind regards,

Ernst Nolte

Email: ernst@synquad.nl