From Todor Boev <rinsv...@gmail.com>
Subject NHttp client questions.
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:02:31 GMT
Hi,
I examined the current nio HTTP client code locate in

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/asynchttpclient/trunk

I have some questions.

1) The method AsyncHttpClient.execute() returns an instance of
HttpExchange. All I can do with this exchange is block until the
response comes or poll periodically to see if the response has
arrived. Is there a way to be notified in a call-back style instead?

2) Is the entire response cached inside the HttpResponse that is
returned from HttpExchange? I need to do the hybrid style nio where I
use blocking stream adapters between a stream-oriented application
code and the nio engine. I.e. in my current nio client code I use the
ThrottlingHttpClientHandler. Is this blocking/non-blocking
interoperability going to be supported somehow?

3) I use daemon threads for the IOReactor because my users are not
used to shutting down their clients. Is there going to be a way to
pass a ThreadFactory to the AsyncHttpClient so I can populate it with
daemon threads?

Cheers,
Todor

--
Go on! Destroy the fabric of the universe! See if I care!