From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1 download to N uploads
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:55:53 GMT
Fabrice Delhoste wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what could be the best approach -or points me to
> discussion/topics- to make kind of proxy downloading from a site (ex: photo)
> and broadcasting/uploading the data to multiple target sites. I think it has
> to deal with content listeners and chunks. And if I want it to be efficient,
> it should minimize the memory footprint to do that, so I am not sure about
> the buffering policy I might use.
> Actually, I am already using HttpCore NIO to build a custom proxy (reusing
> asynchttpclient trunk...).
>
> Thanks,
> Fabrice

Fabrice

What you are describing looks somewhat similar to the architecture of a
peer to peer file sharing application such as Limewire.

Limewire is a commercial product and but its source code is open. It
also uses HttpCore & HttpClient internally, so it should be possible to
port some of Limewire's design ideas to your application.

Cheers

Oleg