From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NHttp client questions.
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:28:15 GMT
On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 16:02 +0200, Todor Boev wrote:
> Hi,
> I examined the current nio HTTP client code locate in
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/asynchttpclient/trunk
>
> I have some questions.
>
> 1) The method AsyncHttpClient.execute() returns an instance of
> HttpExchange. All I can do with this exchange is block until the
> response comes or poll periodically to see if the response has
> arrived. Is there a way to be notified in a call-back style instead?

A callback interface makes sense. We happily take patches ;-)

> 2) Is the entire response cached inside the HttpResponse that is
> returned from HttpExchange? I need to do the hybrid style nio where I
> use blocking stream adapters between a stream-oriented application
> code and the nio engine. I.e. in my current nio client code I use the
> ThrottlingHttpClientHandler. Is this blocking/non-blocking
> interoperability going to be supported somehow?

This will be tricky. Presently I see no way around having to have
different implementations for pure the NIO model and the hybrid one.
Patches are welcome.

> 3) I use daemon threads for the IOReactor because my users are not
> used to shutting down their clients. Is there going to be a way to
> pass a ThreadFactory to the AsyncHttpClient so I can populate it with
> daemon threads?

Patches welcome.

Cheers

Oleg

PS: You will hear this phrase a lot from me these days.