From Ben Cox <ben_cox...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Trailers in HttpClient 4.0.1
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:19:31 GMT

Argh - I should say I get all the other HEADERS I might expect, not trailers! I DON'T get
any trailers.

> From: ben_cox_21@hotmail.com
> To: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
> Subject: HTTP Trailers in HttpClient 4.0.1
> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 21:07:45 +0000
>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing out using chunked encoding with trailing headers at the moment, but seem
to be having some problems getting the HttpClient to find the trailers. My code looks like
this:

> /***************************************************************/
>
> HttpClient httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient();
> HttpGet httpGet = new HttpGet(url);
>
> // Tell the server that we can deal with trailers
> httpGet.addHeader("TE", "trailers");
>
> // Get the response
> HttpResponse response = httpClient.execute(httpGet);
>
> // Print out all the headers we have
> for (Header aHeader : response.getAllHeaders()) {
> System.out.println(aHeader.getName() + ": " + aHeader.getValue());
> }

> The resultant document is transferred in around 100 chunks.
>
> I get all the other trailers I might expect to be printed, including the "Trailer: Mytrailer"
one that describes what trailers I should I expect. However, I don't get "Mytrailer" at all,
though I can see it on the wire if I use Wireshark.

> I noticed in the 3.x documentation there seems to be a lot more info about chunked encoding
and trailers/footers. However, there's not so much in the 4.0.1 documentation. Is this not
supported any more, or just more integrated into normal headers and I've got something wrong?