From Kaiser Sose <carlo.bertucc...@live.it>
Subject Re: Many services with different configurations ...
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:26:47 GMT

olegk wrote:

> Yes, you can and you basically should.
> [...]
> By using HttpRequest#getParams()
> Hope this helps

Oleg,
thanks for your help. I've fixed and everything is working good but I have
one more question that I really don't know how to handle since I am
"replacing" a very old manager (I don't have sources) -- All services are
stored in an properties file like this

[service x]
it.service.x.name=servicenamex
it.service.x.host=aproxy.com
it.service.x.timeout=5000
it.service.x.encoding=UTF-8
it.service.x.uri=http://serviceXtoquery/servicepage.ext

[service y]
it.service.y.name=servicenamey
it.service.y.host=http://serviceYtoquery
it.service.y.timeout=10000
it.service.y.encoding=UTF-8
it.service.y.uri=serviceYpage

As you can see a general service X can use a general proxy (different
services can use different a proxy) while a general service Y don't use a
proxy, but his field host contain just the hostname and uri contains just
the page to "paste" to the host. How can I handle it in my code since I
don't know whether I have to set a proxy or not? My "migration" has to be as
silent as possible so my Manager has same name of the old one and method
like

MakeGetRequest(serviceName, Host, Uri);

(the name was used in order to get a particular connection pool in the old
manager)

Is there a way to handle it in HttpClient?

Sorry for long question but I am crashing my head on monitor in last 2 days
:-)

Best Regards

Carlo

> Sorry if its a stupid question but I am new to Java and to those
> components
> and I am little bit in confusion with all these new classes! Till now I
> did
> something like that
>
> 1 - A singleton creates the DefaultHttpClient and Initialize it with some
> parameters taken from a properties file
> 2 - The singleton (manager) has some public MakeGetRequest and
> MakePostRequest (overloaded) who build the Querystring and create the
> GET/POST object
> 3 - I convert the result in a String object and send back to the caller
>
> Now since services are about 10 and I'd like to keep a Singleton rather
> than
> 10 objects with 10 connection pool I want make something like this ...
>
> MakeGetRequest(String uri, Map params, String ServiceName)
>
> (for instance ServiceName can be "BANNER")
>
> Then I analyze the ServiceName and set the correct parameters that I
> already
> took from another property file ...
>
> if ServiceName = Banner
>    Get.Port = 8080
>    Get.TimeOut = 10000
>    execute(Get)
>
> is it a good way?

Yes, it is. It is the recommended way of using HttpClient