From "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject Is connection manager timeout in milliseconds, and does it do anything?
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:36:03 GMT
Using HttpClient 3.0.1 (no, I don't have any choice at this time.)

I just did a couple experiments, making sure that if I set a non-zero
value for either the socket timeout or the connection timeout, that it
would actually affect the results.  If I set my socket timeout to 1
seconds (1000 millis), several of my slow requests did fail with a
timeout.  That's good.  I then tried setting my connection timeout to 1
second, and it didn't make any tests fail.  I then set it to 1
millisecond, and still no tests failed.  I find it hard to believe I'm
getting the connection setup done in less than 1 millisecond.

Is perhaps the "connection manager timeout" something different from the
protocol connection timeout?