From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Retry on ConnectTimeoutException
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:49:07 GMT
NO.
ConnectionTimeOutException can means the target endPoint cannot be contacted.

My software "POST" some datas to various systems : company ones and
externals one.
Sometimes some systems are on small maintenance mode or during a
restart time or some other stuffs.
What I like is to not failed directly the application and try some
retries with a sleep period between.
With this I can give a chance to the target systems to be live before
: shutdown my application, having a kind of system alarm which will
wake some folks (including probably myself) maybe during the nigth.
All of this only because someone has restarted a server somewhere
without any notifications.

IMHO it's a good use case :-))

--
Olivier