From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to access socks4/5 proxy
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:05:10 GMT
Jeprotea wrote:
> hi,Oleg
>    According to your advices, I've tried it,the code is like this(partial):
>  PlainSocketFactory sf = PlainSocketFactory.getSocketFactory();
>    Socket socket = sf.createSocket();
>    socket.connect(new InetSocketAddress(proxyHost,proxyPort), 0);
>
>    HttpParams params = new BasicHttpParams();
>    params.setParameter(CoreConnectionPNames.CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, 1000L);
>
>   sf.connectSocket(socket, targetHost, targetPort, null, -1, params);
>  however,there is not a established state,only:
>> netstat -ano | findstr "1080"
>   TCP    10.64.44.176:1080      0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
> 2096
>   TCP    10.64.44.176:2110      10.64.14.176:1080      SYN_SENT        1440
>
>  if i 've made a mistake to create a socket connection for socks4 proxy ,via
> using above funcations included in httpclient-4,I am a novice,~~please
> forgive my mistakes, could you give me special advices or exaples for it.
>
> thanks!

Jeprotea

I know next to nothing about the SOCKS protocol and am unable to help
much. All I know is that SOCKS _should_ be completely transparent for
the HTTP transport layer and should require no special configuration of
HttpClient.

For details see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOCKS
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/net/properties.html