From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Re: import can not be resolved error
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:39:38 GMT
You're trying to use HttpClient 3.0 package names with the 4.0 jar.

For example, my imports for using HttpClient 4.0 in the Bixo project
are:

import org.apache.http.Header;
import org.apache.http.HttpEntity;
import org.apache.http.HttpEntityEnclosingRequest;
import org.apache.http.HttpHost;
import org.apache.http.HttpRequest;
import org.apache.http.HttpResponse;
import org.apache.http.HttpStatus;
import org.apache.http.HttpVersion;
import org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException;
import org.apache.http.ProtocolException;
import org.apache.http.client.HttpRequestRetryHandler;
import org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpGet;

[snip]

> It says not found for following imports :
>
> import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;
> import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.FileRequestEntity;
> import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod;
> import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.RequestEntity;

-- Ken

<http://ken-blog.krugler.org>
+1 530-265-2225

Ken Krugler