From sandy801 <sandy...@gmail.com>
Subject escaped absolute path not valid error with URLs having GB18030 or japansese characters in them
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:27:39 GMT

Hi,
I have a PostMethod instance, to which I set URI using set URI API. This
always gives error "escaped absolute path not valid" whenever URL has
chinese or japanese characters in it. How do I make sure URI for POSTMethod
is executed properly.

I tried sing HTTPMethodParams to set charset for HTTP ELEMENT and HTTP URL
Charset but no use.
Here is code snippet.

PostMethod method = new PostMethod();

HttpMethodParams params = new HttpMethodParams();
 method.addParameter(HttpMethodParams.HTTP_ELEMENT_CHARSET, "UTF-8");
 method.addParameter(HttpMethodParams.HTTP_URI_CHARSET, "UTF-8");

method.setURI(new URI(urlString));//This call fails

please help.

thanks,
Sandeep