From "collier.matthew" <collier.matt...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTPClient 4.1 Alpha 1 and NTLM Proxy
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 00:32:13 GMT

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I'm trying to access an HTTP target through a NTLM authenticated squid proxy
server.

        client.getAuthSchemes().register("ntlm", new NTLMSchemeFactory());
        NTCredentials ntCreds = new NTCredentials(proxyUserName,
config.getTNIPassword(), config.getTNIProxyAddress(), "DOMAIN");
        AuthScope scope = new AuthScope(AuthScope.ANY_HOST,
AuthScope.ANY_PORT, AuthScope.ANY_REALM, AuthScope.ANY_SCHEME);
        client.getCredentialsProvider().setCredentials(scope, ntCreds);
        targetHost = new HttpHost(logonSite, logonPort, logonProtocol);
        HttpHost proxy = new HttpHost(config.getTNIProxyAddress(),
config.getTNIProxyPort());
        client.getParams().setParameter(ConnRoutePNames.DEFAULT_PROXY,
proxy);

I attempt to make a get request to my target server.  Console log (level 5):

network: Connecting http://x.x.14.3:3128/ with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://x.x.14.3:3128/ with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://x.x.14.3:3128/ with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://x.x.14.3:3128/ with proxy=DIRECT
Method failed: HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required

First off, the aforementioned IP address is the IP for my proxy server, not
the target host.  Is this normal?

I don't know if there is an authentication failure or what.  I have tried
prefixing my username with "DOMAIN\" with no benefit.

I have implemented the JCIFS NTLM authentication as recommended on the
HttpClient website.

I had to alter the JCIFSEngine.java example code provided as it will not
compile.

Apparently the constructors for the Type3Message object have changed in
jcifs-1.3.12.jar.  I am simply using:

Type3Message t3m = new Type3Message(t2m);

Instead of:

        Type3Message t3m = new Type3Message(
                t2m,
                password,
                domain,
                username,
                workstation);

I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

In researching alternatives, I discovered that the java.net library includes
NTLM authentication.   Can HttpClient take advantage of this instead of the
now unsupported aspect of the JCIFS package?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Matt