From Sam Berlin <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://server.name.com refused
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:39:40 GMT
You should attempt to write a small Java program that just has [new
Socket(server.name.com, 80);] and run it on the same
machine/environment as you are running HttpClient.  That socket
connect should fail based on the exception you reported here.  When
you can debug that problem and solve it, HttpClient should start
working as you expect.

Sam