From Stefan Parvu <spa...@systemdatarecorder.org>
Subject Re: webrec questions httpclient 4.0 stable
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:35:03 GMT

> what on earth is Solaris HTTP Server?

That was a simple explanation how we ran the test:

  client java application, Linux box
  server side, Solaris box with HTTP server

> That is because wget and the likes usually do not re-use connections.
> Some web servers can not handle persistent connections well, so opening
> a new connection may turn out to be faster than re-using a persistent
> connection.

Im trying to compare the use of our java code. wget, curl were given as
example.

> Turn off the stale connection check and use context / wire logging to
> see where exactly Httpclient gets blocked.
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/logging.html

are you suggesting we turn off in our code the stale connection check ?

java client:
  * sleep time  5sec, R=10 sec
  * sleep time 35sec, R=3  sec

> You may also want to search the archives for questions on performance
> tuning.

We will do that. I expect if I have 5 or 40sec sleep time in that
sample from your site the R be almost similar. We will look for
stale connection check.

Thanks for advice and tips,
Stefan