From Stefan Parvu <spa...@systemdatarecorder.org>
Subject Re: webrec questions httpclient 4.0 stable
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:48:36 GMT

Evening,

Many thanks for help.

> Yes, they do, but it is usually significantly lower than that of establishing
> a new connection.

Cheers. I have still something unclear.

Our application is recording response time for a sequence
of URLs with a delay of 5s between them, like an example.
Then main execution thread is sleeping xx seconds
before next round of measurements.

We have seen that after the first run (usually 1min)
the first response time recorded for the first request
is 2milliseconds followed by the next requests with R=10ms or 11ms.

They all should have the same response time, because we used
the same url in all the sequence.

Below is extract of the execution of the webrec running
many minutes, running on the same server as the HTTP
server to avoid first the network delay etc ...

1261847585:2:11:10:10:11:10:9
1261847675:2:10:10:11:10:10:8
1261847765:2:11:10:10:11:10:9
1261847855:2:10:11:11:10:11:9
1261847946:2:11:10:11:10:10:9
1261848036:2:11:11:10:10:11:9
1261848126:2:10:10:11:10:10:8
1261848216:1:11:10:10:11:10:8
1261848306:2:10:11:11:10:10:9
1261848396:2:11:11:10:11:10:9
1261848486:2:10:11:10:10:11:9
1261848576:2:10:10:11:10:10:8

where each field is defined:
timestamp:
response time for 1st HTTP request:
response time for 6th HTTP request:
average response time

Any ideas why always the 1st request has least response time
(1-2ms) than other request? We see an overhead on all the
other request but not the first one.

The real response time should actually be like 2ms,
because we have measured it with other tools (wget, curl).
Below the code responsible for doing this:
http://www.systemdatarecorder.org/webrec.snippet.java

Many thanks,
Stefan